Youth Advocate, CSEC
Youth Advocates are people with personal experience participating in the system of care as a consumer, and have the skills, training and experience to perform the functions of their role. Youth Advocates (YA) have four key functions: (1) to make youth equal partners -if not leaders- in the development and implementation of their service plans; (2) to represent the needs and perspectives of youth to internal and external stakeholders and decision makers within the system of care; (3) to ensure that youth have access to a comprehensive array of prevention and support services that meet their individual needs; and (4) to ensure that these services are family-centered, easily accessible, respectful of cultural, ethnic and other community characteristics, and stigma free. Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Youth Solutions.
- Applicants MUST have had personal experience as a youth receiving services within the child welfare/foster care system to be considered this position
- The ability to relate to youth and to be seen as a positive role model is essential.
- Basic knowledge of Public Mental Health/Child Welfare/Education systems, and the ability to advocate on the behalf of clients in navigating and negotiating those systems
- Previous experience with advocacy, outreach, and community resources preferred
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment within department and agency wide
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced environment.
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory Federal/State/County and agency requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance, driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile.
Hiring Range: $16 - $18.04 hourly
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.