Social Worker I or II, Grass Valley
The Permanency Social Worker works in the Permanency Placement Unit preparing children and families for permanency. The Social Worker is responsible for conducting SAFE home studies; developing, coordinating, and supervising needs and service plans for children in foster/adopt homes. The Social Worker provides case management to ensure that foster parents are providing quality care; the home is safe, and all needs of the children are being met.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related human service field
- To qualify for Social Worker II, you must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Experience working with children and families required
- Previous experience working with SAFE Home Studies preferred
- Strong verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients, colleagues, community partners, and all levels of management. Clearly communicate key goals to obtain permanency goals and other program goals
- Ability to identify and analyze problems; weigh relevance and accuracy of information; generate and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task on a daily basis
- Open to change and new information; rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected situations
- Display high standards of ethical conduct and exhibits honesty and integrity. Show consistency in words and actions, model high standards of ethics
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization
- Be able to maintain a professional, confidential work environment
- Knowledge of relevant trends and practices in child welfare, adoption, and permanency.
- Strong counselling and assessment skills
- Knowledge of treatment planning and effective treatment interventions for children and foster families
- Proficiency in completing legal documents required for facilitation of adoption
- Responds to supervision, makes changes to provide best support for children and families
- Ability to align behavior with the mission and goals of the organization
- Proficiency in computer technology, Microsoft Office 2010 Suite as well as Database/Case Management systems
Hiring Range for Social Worker I: $50,000 - $54,000 annually
Hiring Range for Social Worker II: $56,000 – $60,200 annually
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.