Social Worker I or II
Permanent Family Connections
The Permanent Family Connections Social Worker is responsible for the case management and clinical oversight of a designated caseload of youth, their birth families and the agencies foster families. The Social Worker is also responsible for supporting the Mission, Vision, and Values of Sierra Forever Families + Stanford Youth Solutions.
- Master’s degree from an accredited or state approved graduate school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related human service field.
- Meet Community Care Licensing requirements for Social Work
Personnel, as follows:
- 3 semester units or 100 days of field practice/experience in an agency setting at the Master’s Degree level.
- 9 semester units related to children and families or 18 months experience working with children and families.
- 3 semester units in working with minority populations, 6 months experience in working with minority populations, or 6 months in-service training in working with minority populations within the first year of employment as a condition of employment.
- 3 semester units in child welfare, or two years’ experience in public or private child welfare social services setting.
- At least one year of experience working with emotionally disturbed youth or youth who have a serious behavioral problem. This can include experience gained in a field placement setting, internship, or other position serving emotionally disturbed youth. This experience may be full or part time, experience must demonstrate increasing awareness and application of skills, to be verified through interview
- Prepared to work independently with flexible hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Proven documentation skills and intermediate level computer skills including all MS Office programs
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment within department and agency wide
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced environment.
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory Federal/State/County and agency requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance, driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile.
Hiring Range for Social Worker I: $50,000 - $54,000 annually
Hiring Range for Social Worker II: $56,000 - $60,200 annually
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.