Resource Family Training Specialist
Permanency Placement Unit
The Resource Family Training Specialist, under the guidance of the SYS+SFF Agency Program Director, schedules, conducts, designs, evaluates, and implements training for Resource Families to assure that Community Care Standards are adhered to. The Training Specialist implements training that provides both clinical/trauma informed parenting techniques, while also supporting families in their understanding of the many elements of the child welfare system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Resource Family Training:
- ISFC Training for RFA families.
- RFA pre-approval and ongoing training to potential Resource Families for all SYS+SFF Offices.
- Develop/keep current; training curricula meeting Resource Family training requirements and incorporating best practices in the field
- Staff Training:
- Coordinate, and deliver quarterly training for programs or all staff (depending on topic).
- Training Coordination & Planning:
- Develop, coordinate, and communicate the annual agency training calendar for Resource Families.
- Training Records:
- Maintain accurate documentation of training records in compliance with Council on Accreditation (COA) and Community Care Licensing (CCL) and all other relevant regulatory agencies.
- Gather, maintain and report training related data in agency database/SAM
- Coordinate with PQI staff to determine needs for additional training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of relevant trends and practices in child welfare, adoption, and
- Facilitation skills and ability to communicate effectively and translate needs between resource parents, staff, community partners, and all levels of management.
- Ability to develop, plan, implement and evaluate curriculum
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of:
- State Regulations for child placement agencies set forth by CDSS and CCL
- Welfare and Institution Code, Multi-Ethnic Placement Act (MEPA) and other related state and federal rules, regulations and laws pertaining to adoption, foster care, youth permanency, mentoring, and concurrent planning
- Adoption clinical issues
- Principles, practices and techniques used in the administration of adoption, foster care, youth permanency and concurrent planning
- Child psychology, child development, principles of individual and group behavior, family relationships, and family dynamics
- Accreditation Standards (COA)
- Proficient in computer technology, Microsoft Office 365 as well as Database/Case Management systems
Education and Experience:
- A Master’s degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Education or related human service field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or related human service field required. Five years of similar work experience may be substituted for education requirement
- Experience in teaching, group presentation, facilitating groups and developing curriculum required
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms in an office or event setting.
- Frequent travel required between SYS+SFF offices for meetings and to conduct training.
- Required to work at least two evenings per week and two Saturdays per month.
- Must submit to and pass a health screen, tuberculosis test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance and have access to reliable transportation
- The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies
HIRING RANGE: $50,000 – $54,000 annually
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.