Parent Partner, Napa County
Family and Youth Partnership
Parent Partners are people with personal experience participating in the system of care as a consumer and/or as a parent/caregiver, and have the skills, training and experience to perform the functions of their role. Parent Partners have four key functions: (1) to ensure families (parents, caregivers, and youth) are equal partners -if not leaders- in the development and implementation of their service plans; (2) to represent the needs and perspectives of families (parents, caregivers, and youth) to internal and external stakeholders and decision makers within the system of care; (3) to ensure that families (parents, caregivers, and youth) have access to a comprehensive array of prevention and support services that meet their individual needs; and (4) to ensure that these services are family-centered, easily accessible, respectful of cultural, ethnic and other community characteristics, and stigma free. The Parent Partner serves as an advocate for parents/caregivers and considers the whole family in system planning. Parent Partners perform these functions through the tasks, roles, and responsibilities that are assigned by the Director of Family and Youth Partnership and described below. Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Youth Solutions and the respective County.
- Experience as a parent or caregiver of a child receiving services within the public child welfare system.
- Basic knowledge of Child Welfare and Education systems, and the ability to advocate on the behalf of youth in navigating and negotiating those systems.
- Previous experience with advocacy, outreach, and community resources preferred.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and some weekends.
- Ability to work independently/self-motivated.
- Sensitive to multicultural issues.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment within department and agency wide.
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory Federal/State/County and agency requirements.
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance, driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
- Ability to travel to Stanford Youth Solutions office for scheduled meetings.
Hiring Range: $16.00 – $18.80
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.