Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist contributes to the outcome of HR practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Generalist assures regulatory compliance by acquiring knowledge of current laws and regulations and developing and implementing policies and procedures to assure adherence. The HR Generalist works collaboratively with program directors and managers to support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Youth Solutions + Sierra Forever Families.
The HR Generalist in this role will be primarily responsible for employment, compensation, benefits, Agency compliance, and Employee/Supervisor Support. The HR Generalist must have an overall understanding of the day-to-day administrative operations of the HR department in order to provide support. This position ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as: CCL, OSHA, County Mental Health, County Probation, and others as indicated by program need. The person in this role will work closely with the Human Resources Directors, Finance and other departments throughout the agency to provide a customer focused and effective HR support service.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Human Resources, Business, or Social Services and 3 years of HR experience
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred but not required
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- An emphasis in California Law is preferred.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interface and work cooperatively in a team environment within department, as well as with all levels of organization and external customers in highly professional manner
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to create and present materials in a professional, meaningful manner
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and manage deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a mobile, fast-paced environment
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient in HRIS systems
- Willingness and ability to work flexible schedule (includes some evenings and weekends)
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, can maintain a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
Hiring Range: $26.44 – $28.87 hourly
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.