Family Partner (Wrap)
Family Partners are people with personal experience participating in the system of care as a consumer and/or as a parent/caregiver, and have the skills, training and experience to perform the functions of their role. Family Partners (FP) have four key functions: (1) to make families (parents, caregivers, and youth) equal partners -if not leaders- in the development and implementation of their service plans; (2) to represent the needs and perspectives of families (parents, caregivers, and youth) to internal and external stakeholders and decision makers within the system of care; (3) to ensure that families (parents, caregivers, and youth) have access to a comprehensive array of prevention and support services that meet their individual needs; and (4) to ensure that these services are family-centered, easily accessible, respectful of cultural, ethnic and other community characteristics, and stigma free. For the most part, the roles and functions of the Family Partner and the Youth Peer Mentor are the same. According to Sacramento County Policy, “the primary difference between a Youth Peer Mentor and a Family Partner is that the youth serves as a voice for youth in planning and policy making, whereas the Family Partner serves as an advocate for parents/caregivers and considers the whole family in system planning.” Family Partners perform these functions through the tasks, roles, and responsibilities described below. Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Youth Solutions.
- Experience as a parent or caregiver of a child with a serious emotional disturbance receiving, or having previously received, services within the public systems, including: mental health, child welfare, or juvenile justice.
- Basic knowledge of Public Mental Health/Child Welfare/Education systems, and the ability to advocate on the behalf of clients in navigating and negotiating those systems
- Previous experience with advocacy, outreach, and community resources preferred
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and some weekends
Hiring Range: $13.00-18.00/hour | Salary Range: $13.00 – $22.00/hour
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.