Family Partner (Part-Time)
Family and Youth Partnership
Family Partners are people with personal experience participating in a public system of care as a consumer and/or as a parent/caregiver, and have the skills, training and experience to perform the functions of their role.Family Partners (FP) have four key functions: (1) to make families (parents, caregivers, and youth) equal partners -if not leaders- in the development and implementation of their service plans; (2) to represent the needs and perspectives of families (parents, caregivers, and youth) to internal and external stakeholders and decision makers within the system of care; (3) to ensure that families (parents, caregivers, and youth) have access to a comprehensive array of prevention and support services that meet their individual needs; and (4) to ensure that these services are family-centered, easily accessible, respectful of cultural, ethnic and other community characteristics, and stigma free. The Family Partner serves as an advocate for parents/caregivers and considers the whole family in system planning. Family Partners perform these functions through the tasks, roles, and responsibilities described below. Family Partners support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Youth Solutions.
This is a temporary fifteen (15) month position, with the possibility of permanency thereafter.
- Must have explicit experience as a parent, guardian, or foster parent of youth who is receiving or has received services from a county system of care
- Basic knowledge of Public Mental Health/Child Welfare/Education systems, and the ability to advocate on the behalf of clients in navigating and negotiating those systems
- Previous experience with advocacy, outreach, and community resources preferred
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and some weekends
- Ability to work independently/self-motivated
- Sensitive to multicultural issues
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and State clearance, and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements
- Must hold a valid drivers license
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
- Bilingual skills are a plus
Hiring Range: $16.00 – $17.53 | Salary Range: $16.00 – $22.12
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.