Family Support Counselor
Permanent Family Connections
The Family Support Counselor is responsible for providing in home support and behavioral services to families and program support to agency social workers. Services include structuring a safe environment for the child, role modeling, training and coaching for parents, implementing behavioral plans, proposing behavioral interventions to the team, tracking behavioral data, attending meetings, giving updates and feedback to collateral contacts, and any administrative or training functioning necessary to implement the child’s needs and services plan. Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Youth Solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science field plus 6 months of experience working with emotionally disturbed children or children who have a serious behavioral problem OR an Associate degree in a social science related field plus 1 year of experience working with emotionally disturbed children or children who have a serious behavioral problem.
- Experience in residential treatment (work performed with clients who reside in an agency setting such as foster care, group home, or transitional housing programs.)
- Prepared to work independently with flexible hours that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proven documentation skills and intermediate level computer skills including all MS Office programs
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment within department and agency wide
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced environment.
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, can maintain a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
Hiring Range: $16.00 – $18.04
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.