Big Day of Giving May 5th
Stanford Youth Project: Family Lounge
On May 5th we hope you will consider us as a choice on the Big Day of Giving as we will be asking you to help inspire and empower children and families with your generous donation. https://bigdayofgiving.org/#npo/stanford-youth-solutions
Our goal is to raise $25,000 on this BIG day. Will you help us?
✔Why is your donation important? Each donation is matched on a prorated basis, making every gift go farther. All donations are tax-deductible.
Celebrate your donation!
- You’ll be able to celebrate you donation by sharing on social media (share prompt will appear after making a donation).
- Your acknowledgment email will have a live link to a BIG Day of Giving Thank You Virtual Goody Bag for special discount goods redeemable for up to one week after May 5th, depending on the vendor. All you have to do is show them your email receipt of your donation!
✔Where will my donation go?
Project: Family Lounge -A place where families connect
Funding will expand the size of our family space specifically creating a family lounge and 3 additional therapy rooms; and provide a comfortable private space for family meetings and supervised visitations; establish a youth resource center for transitional age youth.
- Families often need a private/family space to hear or discuss difficult information. The “home like” family lounge would provide an environment that would be more comfortable and welcoming.
- Our birth parents have often expressed feeling as though the walls were “closing in” while in our small offices for supervised visits with their child(ren). Having an area where they have the ability to spread out, lay on the floor at their child’s level and actively play and be comfortable, greatly enhances their visitation and connection time.
- Our Transition Age Youth (TAY) often need a space to relax, talk with a team/staff person or be linked to community/employment resources. Our goal is to furnish the Family Lounge with computers.
The ultimate goal of this project is to offer a pleasant, comfortable environment that supports the children and families as they heal, overcome their crises and become a stronger family unit.
Every donation helps! Join in this challenge, and be a champion for children and families in our community.