Apply- Become a Foster Parent
Submit this secure Foster Parent Application Form to initiate the process with Stanford Youth Solutions.
Our staff are here to help you become a foster parent. We are dedicated to give you the support you need to successfully care for youth, who are in desperate need of safe, loving families to call their own.
We thank you for taking the next step in becoming a foster parent.
Fields marked with an * are required.
Estimated time to complete and submit this application online may take up to five-ten minutes.
Stanford Youth Solutions, in collaboration with the Yolo County Children’s Alliance, provides Community Based Family Services (CBFS). The program offers a wide array of specialized mental/behavioral health services and supports and is designed to provide a “safety-net” for Yolo County families with children and youth (ages 0-21) who are struggling at home, school, or in the community. The program is unique in that clinicians partner with youth and their families to assess and determine an individualized plan for services and supports that focuses on family strengths and the overall emotional, behavioral health and well-being of youth. Services are culturally competent, flexible, family driven and can be provided in the home, school, and community settings. The goals of the CBFS program include: improving behavioral and mental health functioning; improving school performance; strengthening family connections; reducing the need for out of home placements, psychiatric hospitalizations, and contact with law enforcement; increasing permanency for foster youth; and connecting youth and families to community-based resources and supports.
- Yolo County Medi-Cal eligible children and youth ages 0–21 may receive services through CBFS .
- Services are provided in Yolo County’s threshold languages, including English, Spanish, and Russian.
- We always work with families and caregivers, and never work with a child/youth in isolation.
- Services include: assessment, plan development, individual and group therapy, rehabilitation services,case management, medication support services, crisis intervention, and peer and family advocate supports and services.
- We achieve excellent outcomes through our use of evidence-based therapy modalities and best practices.
- Therapeutic services may be provided in the family’s home, in the school setting, in the community setting of the family’s choice, or in our conveniently located counseling center.
All of our Foster Care services (including Standard Treatment Foster Care and Intensive Services Foster Care) are focused towards permanency for youth – “a permanent connection to a safe, stable, and nurturing family.” The program utilizes concurrent planning, which provides several paths for youth to obtain a lifelong family connection. The first and best option is to reunify the youth with their birth family.